Requirements for New Students
Every institution of higher education asks students to meet certain public health requirements before school starts – for your protection, and for the protection of your fellow students.
To comply with these requirements, all new students are required to complete Cornell’s Health History Form to:
- verify that you have received all required immunizations (those who cannot demonstrate immunization compliance can get immunized at Gannett before classes begin)
- provide Gannett Health Services with health information required to comply with state and federal laws
- enable Gannett to provide appropriate health care for a diverse student population
This form is completely confidential, with no connection to any part of Cornell other than Gannett Health Services.
Health History Form
There are a number of steps involved in completing the Health History Form that may take several weeks to complete. Please plan ahead to submit it by the deadline in order to avoid penalties and registration delays.
1. Log in through the new student to-do list (newstudents.cornell.edu) to review the complete instructions.
2. Schedule an appointment with your health care provider.
3. Fill out the form online – using your immunization records, if you have them – submit, and print..
4. Take the printed form to your health care provider for information/signatures related to a physical exam and immunizations.
5. Mail the signed form by the deadline listed below.
6. Check your updated compliance status on your to-do list.
POSTMARK DEADLINES: 2015-2016
Your electronic and paper Health History forms must be submitted by the deadline.
|Students entering in fall semester
||June 17, 2015
|Fall transfer students
||August 1, 2015
|Students entering in the spring semester
||December 18, 2015
|Students with late acceptances
||within 4 weeks of acceptance
Upon receipt of your form, Gannett Health Services will review it to make sure you have met all requirements.
You will be charged a $100 LATE FEE if you have not achieved full compliance with all requirements by August 7, 2015 (January 8, 2016 for spring entrants).
If you cannot demonstrate that you meet Cornell’s immunization requirements, you can get your required immunizations at Gannett. Call 607-255-4364 to schedule an immunization appointment as soon as you arrive on campus to avoid penalties and registration delays. Charges for immunizations are covered by Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP), and by some private insurance plans (check your plan details).