Cornell Physical Therapy, located at 521 Campus Road (in Schoellkopf Hall), offers complete PT services to Cornell faculty, staff, and students. Staff members provide expertise in orthopedic, sports, and work-related injuries, as well as current clinical knowledge in all aspects of patient care. We strive to maintain an environment in the clinic that is welcoming and comfortable for people of all ages, abilities, and walks of life.
Some of the most common reasons people request PT are:
- neck and back pain
- sports-related injuries
- post-surgical care
- repetitive strain injuries
- Call 607 255-7217 to schedule an appointment.*
- Please understand that routine appointments must be scheduled well in advance in order to find a time that works for both you and your therapist.
- Read these special instructions on preparing for your PT appointment.
- A $25 missed appointment fee will be charged for appointments that are not cancelled before 8:30 a.m. the day of the appointment.
*If you are a current physical therapy patient and need to schedule an appointment for independent exercise, you may do so online at myGannett.
What to expect
On your first visit, you will receive a comprehensive evaluation of your injuries. Your physical therapist will develop a treatment plan to assist you with your rehabilitation. The plan may include:
- therapeutic exercise
- posture and workstation modification
- manual therapy techniques
- treatment modalities such as heat, cold, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, traction
- orthotic fabrication
- home exercise program
- patient education with injury prevention instruction
- structured aquatic exercise
Individual goals will be set in order to track your progress toward full and pain-free function. Based on your individual needs, you will be scheduled for follow-up visits at the discretion of your physical therapist.
PT entails work and dedication from you as the patient, but it can also be a fun way to learn more about your body and physical well-being.
Fees and insurance
Most fees for Cornell PT services are covered by Cornell University insurance plans for students and employees. Please check your plan for details.
Other (non-Cornell) insurance plans may also provide coverage for physical therapy services. Check to be sure. If you have private insurance, you are responsible for payment of services at the time they are delivered, and we will provide you with a receipt you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Students may apply charges to their bursar bill.