Get the details for 2014−15
Highlights of the SHIP
The SHIP has been developed especially for Cornell students (and their dependents) to provide access to convenient and efficient care that complements the quality health services offered on campus.
- Provides extensive coverage at a reasonable cost for most on- or off-campus health care from August 17th through August 16th of the following year.
- Provides coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in the world.
- For students in Ithaca, provides coordination of services by Gannett Health Services and a preferred provider network that includes the local hospital.
- Covers pre-existing health conditions.
- Guards against catastrophic expenses.
- Continues coverage when students have to take a leave of absence.
- Meets or exceeds all F-1 and J-1 visa requirements.
- Meets or exceeds all Federal, State, and American College Health Association standards for health insurance. View SHIP vs NY Exchange price and coverage comparison (pdf).
- Includes world-wide travel assistance and emergency air transportation services.
- Offers optional dental and vision plans.
- Provides convenient assistance with enrollment and claims submission through the Office of Student Health Insurance.
The SHIP is administered by Aetna Student Health.