In case of emergency
♦ ON CAMPUS, call the Cornell Police.
- 911 from a campus phone
- 607 255-1111 from a cell or non-campus phone
- Blue Light Phone or campus emergency phone: lift the receiver or press the button
♦ OFF CAMPUS, call 911.
♦ Gannett 24/7 phone consult: 607 255-5155
♦ Cayuga Medical Center
♦ Transportation options
♦ More information about what to do in an emergency
HELP! My friend drank too much.
If you are uncertain whether a situation is an emergency or requires an ambulance or other medical intervention, call the Cornell Police.
In a non-emergent situation, call Gannett to speak with the health care provider on-call who can advise you about whether, when, and where to seek assistance.
Examples of mental health emergencies include someone who:
- is in imminent harm to self or others (suicide or homicide plan)
- seems out-of-touch with reality
- is behaving in a threatening or other violent manner
Read more about managing mental health (psychological) emergencies