Gannett is committed to providing quality health services to all members of the Cornell community who rely on our services. We depend on our patients, clients, and other users of Gannett to communicate with us about their needs, concerns, suggestions, complaints, and praise as we strive to improve our services to individuals and to this community.
At Gannett, all of our staff members understand ourselves to be partners with patients, clients, and other users of our services and advocates for their care, recovery, and health. We hope everyone who uses our services will ask questions, state needs, express concerns or problems, and offer feedback to any staff person involved in their care or in administrative processes connected with their visit. (See Patient/Client Rights and Responsibilities.) We will do our best to address your concerns in as timely a fashion as possible.
Patient Advocates are Gannett staff members who are available to work with patients, clients, or other users of Gannett who have questions, needs, concerns, or problems that were not or could not be addressed with staff members directly involved in the person's visit.
Patient Advocates may be helpful when:
- a concern did not become evident until after the visit
- a person has a concern, but does not know with whom to talk
- a person needs a "third party" to hear or to help them communicate a concern
- a person wants to ask a question, make a suggestion, register a complaint, offer feedback
- a Gannett staff member identifies a situation in which a Patient Advocate might be able to answer a question, address a concern, or facilitate a conversation that would be helpful to a patient
- a staff or faculty member, coach, friend, parent or other family member wants to help facilitate care for a student, ask a question, make a suggestion, register a complaint, or offer feedback about our services
Contact a Patient Advocate
To make a face-to-face or phone appointment with a Gannett Patient Advocate to discuss any questions, concerns, or comments about your health care, you may:
- call 607 255-3564
- visit the Level 7 reception desk in the new Gannett addition
- contact us through our Feedback Form
- email the Patient Advocate*
* Please be aware that email is not a secure medium for communication of sensitive information. Also, urgent messages should be conveyed by phone, as email messages may not be read every day. Learn more.
Office of the University Ombudsman
We hope you will talk with us, but the most important thing is that you be able to talk with someone about your concerns and needs. If you would be more comfortable, or if we are unable to address or resolve your concerns in a way that is satisfactory to you, you might wish to contact the Office of the University Ombudsman by phone (607 255-4321) or email. Its services are independent of the university administration and are confidential.